The design team at CHF has come together to create weekly challenges and this one is the first! A flocking challenge! This is the first time I've tried it, as I FINALLY got my glue pad to be able to use flocking. However, if you don't have a glue pad, you can stamp an image and go over it with liquid glue to adhere the flocking. There is also a great tutorial with tips from Kristine Reynolds. Click here for the tutorial. If you want to play, upload your card to the CHF gallery and put FLOCKING in your keywords.
1. Stamp willow tree once with green staz-on.
2. Stamp again with glue pad (avoid applying glue to the tree trunk), and don't worry about stamping over the original image, the flocking will add a nice layer and texture to your tree.
3. Apply green flocking to the image, ensuring coverage.
4. Remove excess flocking right away and scrap areas of the tree to remove flocking here and there.
5. Colour in the tree trunk with a brown marker.
6. Take a black pen and outline some of the tree branches.
7. Stamp saying from Time to Stamp.
8. Stamp swirl from Story Book.
9. Apply shimmery green and blue chalk from Pebbles Inc. to your card.
Other CHF chicks playing.... (see links to your left)....Alli, Kristine, Julia, Dawn, Sherrie, Lisa Strahl, Julie, Lori Craig, and Lisa Silver.
All stamps by CHF, paper: Basic Grey, chalk: Pebbles Inc, ink: Staz-on, glue pad, flocking: CHF.
Love this Technique - with Spellbinders and Unity Stamps! - *Gather Together Card* *An easy stamped card, using acetate and Spellbinders matching dies to fill in all the coloring areas of the pear, then stamping on...
5 years ago