Nov 26, 2008

Jeannette and John - IN LOVE

Here is just something I whipped together...just kidding, I sat on this layout and kept playing with it for over 2 weeks. I just had to keep coming back with new eyes to figure out what was missing. Mostly it was the journaling that held me back, since this is my sister-in-law and her hubby.

I just adore this photo of the two of them as they headed off to a wedding. They looked so great and happy and ready to have fun. I had fun with paint - and just gobbed it on - and it happened to come out in the letter J. Which is perfect to match their names. And my SIL loves butterflies, so I had to throw one in there.


Stamping Info:
1. Dotted Diamonds Backgrounder Stamp: Used with pink paint to create more interest to my background paper, it needed something. The pink paint was used throughout, so it tied in perfectly.
2. The Story of Us Stamp: I decided to use black embossing powder to bring out the sub-title here, and to make it pop even more, I added white pen all around the letters and frame.
SUPPLIES:
Rubber Stamps:
-frame and "story of us from The Art of Framing (Rummage Bin) - by Cornish Heritage Farms
-Dotted Diamonds Backgrounder
Patterned Paper:
-Pink Paislee
-Basic Grey
Cardstock:
-Prism
Flowers:
-Prima Marketing Inc.
Decorative Brads:
-Basic Grey
-Karen Foster (loop brads)
Ink:
-VersaMark
Embossing Powder:
-Cornish Heritage Farms (Black)
White Pen:
-Ranger
Key:
-Tim Holtz
Paint and Polka Dot Letters:
-Making Memories (Pink)
Velvet Ribbon:
-American Crafts (Black and Pink Scallop)
Other:-Ribbon (white), Baker's Twine, Butterfly (Heidi Swapp)
Font:Goudy Old Style

Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Cynthia M said...

Hello,

I just found your blog from a link in Julia S. blog for a scrap sketch challenge. I am blown away by your beautiful pages and artistic ability! Where are all the comments? I have to send this link to my sister. Her name is Jeanette and her DH is John and they are still in love after 12 years and 3 kids. Must be a lucky name combo, eh? Keep up the good work! Oh, I just love that you have music on your blog!