Sep 3, 2009

Creating My 2009 Album

This year is going to be a big year for our family, and I want to start creating annual albums to remember all the special things that happened. I'll get the kids to help me too!

I used Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist and a Tattered Angels album to create the front, butterfly wings, and to colour the ribbons/lace. Since I had no coordinating ribbon, I took a white strip and sprayed it with Lime Twist, Wild Currant, and Patina Glimmer Mists to match the album cover.

Cover Directions:
  1. Sprayed with Lime Twist first, then hints of Patina (blue).
  2. Took green Staz-on pad and pressed directly onto the cover to distress it.
  3. Placed Glimmer Glass onto the front as a mask, and then Wild Currant isolated in the corner. Moved the Glass over slightly and glued down.
  4. Stamped a 6x6 CHF Vintage Text stamp with same green ink.
  5. Rubbed the edges with green ink.
  6. Went around butterfly with green stickles by Ranger.
  7. Stamped Explore (Darkroom Door - Venetian Vol 1).

You can see the Glimmer Mist on the ribbon/lace. What an easy and beautiful solution!
This is Glimmer Glass below, inked with Teal Blue Staz-on on the back, and a little on the front to distress it. I also stamped Vintage Text by CHF all over the cover, with Green Staz-on.

Only 4 more months left in 2009! Yikes, I better start using this to document the first 8. Time flies! Thanks for looking.

No comments: