May 14, 2010

Amazing Love....How Can it Be?

As I was creating this layout, I knew the title would be "Amazing Love", because life and birth is amazing. The love a person can have for their own child in unconditional, beautiful, unexpected.

But I also had in my mind, this worship song called You Are My King - see previous post for the You Tube Video and to listen to it. Amazing love, how can it be? Brings tears to my eyes.

I want to thank my sister Julie Johnson for all the amazing photos she has blessed me with over the years, and she is also in the midst of writing a book called Unexpected Love - it includes many of her lovely artistic photographs as well as scripture verses that remind us of God's love, and how we can relate God's love for us, as we love our own children. Is there a greater love?

This layout is of my son William, my third, my beautiful boy. I love him so much! He is sleeping now, contently. I got messy with this layout pulling out Shimmerz Spritz and Ranger Paint Dabbers, and some other paints as well.

The paper and letters are from Kaisercraft.

Painted Letter Instructions:
  1. Paint the raw chipboard letters with BOTTLE colour paint.
  2. Apply dabs of POOL colour paint.
  3. Spray with a glossy craft coating (optional).
  4. With a paint brush, apply white/cream coloured paint around the edges using up and down strokes.
  5. Apply to the layout with foam dots for a raised effect.

5 comments:

Angela Fehr said...

I always get teary and choked up when I sing that song - your layout is beautiful, and of course it is mindblowing that God's perfect love is stronger and deeper than even our love for our children. That's one of the neat aspects about having kids - discovering the depths of love, and seeing God's father-heart more clearly.

Jamie Harder said...

This is stunning!!!

Natalie said...

Georgous picture and story. Thank you for sharing this beauty!

Melissa said...

ok, this page is just so beautiful. love the colors and how you did the chipboard letters!

Unknown said...

THIS IS GORGEOUS!!!