Jun 27, 2010

Getting Messy - Falling Back Into OLD Habits!

I can't seem to self edit!!!  I know there is a lot going on here - and I couldn't stop myself!  I have a goal this year to create more GUYish layouts. My sons and husband feel a little left out of my scrapbooking just because I am drawn to PINK and FLOWERS.  This layout was created using colors from Palette #12 over at The Color Room.


I really fell in love with this picture for inspiration, although I think I want to take a second stab at it to make an elegant layout, that will match its beauty.  For now though, we have GRUNGE - my old habits of apply way too much ink and distressing.


I loved making these flowers (die cut from the Silhouette).  The paper is Basic Grey.  The GOOD letters are Pink Paislee, and the REALLY is American Crafts.


I adore these Tattered Angels frames - the package comes with so many that I can keep using them on layouts for a good year!  I applied Glimmer Mist, then Distress Ink (Mustard Seed).  The orange ink is Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink with drops of Glimmer Mist applied to make those blots.  The M & S are stamped letters.


Here is another flower, this time, combining in some of that gold paper!  Stickles add a little sparkle to them.


I do hope you'll head on over to either Color Combos Galore or The Color Room to play with awesome color combinations that will stretch your creativity.  I am just loving my new found appreciation for pre-determined color palettes!

5 comments:

Tracey said...

This is gorgeous Lesley! I am loving the colours!!

Tina said...

Those colors are just awesome together and those flowers are gorgeous! TFS and off to check The Color Room! :D

Chloe said...

Wow, this page is awesome!!! Love it :-)

Dara Lynn said...

Lesley, do not redo that layout... it is perfect! I have 3 boys + a hubby and I am so challenged on "men" layouts... I love flowers and pearls and bling..... and I love the flow of your page.... just the way it is!!!!Love those color challenges :)

Melissa said...

Amazing page! I love the flowers and the yellow and orange colors are so awesome!