Jul 17, 2008

Thursday Rummage Bin Nights: Week #3 Photo Op!

When I dreamed up Photo Op!, I had a desire for distressed finishes for photos, on top of photos, around corners, etc.  I wanted these stamps to cover a 5x7 photo or less.  My inspiration for this set was old photos and film reel.  A bracket for good measure, who can't use a bracket? The FRAMED and PHOTOGRAPH stamp are meant for journaling with photos, I have used these one a lot. 
I adore the scalloped edge and I use it quite a bit.  You can see here on this card, the scalloped stamp bordering the bottom, using a light pink ink for tone on tone.
For this layout below, I stamped the film corner and the "this photo tells a story" stamp.  For the latter, I stamped it on a blue piece of paper and cut out for an embellishment, so that I could have it peeking from behind.  This is THE quintessential Photo Op! layout, totally what I had envisioned. 

Supplies:
Paper: Basic Grey, My Mind's Eye, Robin's Nest

Die Cuts: Making Memories and Pink Paislee
Stamps: Cornish Heritage Farms (Photo Op!)
Pre-made Tag: Paper Loft
Fabric Tabs: Scrapworks
Paper Clip: Staples M Brand
Ink: Tsukineko, Ranger, Clearsnap
Other: Stickles, Quickutz Dies, Cuttlebug

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Kristine Reynolds said...

I have to say that this is one of my favorite sets! I love learning about the inspiration behind the sets. oh....an Leslie...HOT new mug shot!!!