Feb 17, 2011

Hip Hop Thursday with Unity - LOVE



Good morning and good day!  If you're here for the UNITY HIP HOP  - WELCOME!




LOVE.


Essential.


Precious.




Apparently, BANNERS ARE STILL HOT!  At the WINTER CHA 2011, banners were everywhere.  So with that inspiration and inspiration from the NEW color palette at Color Combos Galore, I pulled out the Unity Stamp Co. set Good Times Vintage Banner ($15.00 in the Unity Store). 

PS: Did you know Unity is sponsoring Color Combos Galore for February?  Check it out if want a shot at winning!
TIP TIME:


I distressed my banner pieces by coloring them with COPIC markers, then dripping drops of COLORLESS BLENDER onto the paper.  The colorless blender PUSHES the color out of the way!  You can get a hold of a BIG bottle of the blender and try a whole lot of distressing techniques.


You can also see I used a Unity ALPHABET stamp set to dress up my flags, called JUST MY TYPE.
I really love this stamp from a past KOM (Nov 2010 Kit - Picture Perfect - Stamp - do all things with love).    I loved the idea of these HANGING hearts (Fancy Pants Paper - cut out with my Silhouette).  I envisioned the stitching, and how it might look, and I must say that I like the result!  I even DOODLED around the hearts with a thicker black ink pen.




The big LOVE letters were cut with my Silhouette.



KIT OF THE MONTH - FEBRUARY

Just a reminder that Unity has a cool kit club.  Every month, Unity produces CUTE art on a 8.5x11 sheet of rubber just for kit club members!  Here it is:









HIP HOP SKETCHES?

Do you know about the Hip Hop Sketches?  If you play along, you can win some stamps!  I'm thinking that people just don't know where to find these challenges and where to upload.  You can find the information at Splitcoast Stampers in Unity's Challenge Forum.  New to Splitcoast Stampers?  It can be a little overwhelming!  First, register on the site, then find your way to Unity Stamp Co.  We have our own hang out spot on Splitcoast.  All the information you could possibly need is there.  And if it's not, just add a new topic and ask away!




Now it's time to hop on over to the next blog in the hop.
Visit the lovely and talented JESSICA next!


 
Next Blog



Thanks for visiting today!


14 comments:

Rona said...

such a pretty layout - thanks for the tip about the colorless blender. That is a cool look!!

Lacey said...

LOVE your layout!! And banners. I love banners! :)

Pamela said...

Love it! :)

Carisa said...

stunning! LOVE those banners.

Evette K. said...

Banners, banners and more banner...love them!! But I do love blog candy even more. Thanks for the chance.

Angie Blom said...

Awesome layout.. love those banners and the colours you used. xx

Shemaine Smith said...

Fabulous layout Leslie!

Carol W. said...

just beautiful, love the banner! TFS

farmhouse-story said...

love the colors--this is so sweet!

sharon g said...

I LOVE banners too!

Kary said...

I love the banners!! And the hearts are so adorable. Lovely layout!

Lisa said...

This is so fabulous!!! Have to break out the blender to play...

Jenni ~ http://stampinJen2011.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful work!

Yvette said...

LOVE your layout!! And banners. I love banners! :)