Oct 4, 2010

Some Art for My NEW Craft Room

Before I forget....Simply Renee is having a contest until December 15th to win a Clip-it-Up Floor Model and some other items in between!!!  Check it out here.

I picked up some canvasses the other day and I also recently bought some GESSO paint.  I did an initial layer of GESSO, then applied some mists to add color to the background.  It has SO much texture, I wish you could see it in real life.  It will hang nicely in my new craft room!



The chipboard pieces are  Tattered Angels, and the acrylic tag and tissue tape is by Tim Holtz.  I used vintage postage stamps to glue onto the inside of the acrylic tag to keep with the travel theme.  I stamped vintage text onto blue paper, and then cut out a cloud, and used Mod Podge to apply it to the canvas.


That butterfly is a really big Tattered Angels stamp, and In Flight and that flourish is from the same set.


That postcard chipboard is placed on the canvas using GLUE ARTS U CUT IT, 3D adhesive foam.  You can use as little of this foam, or as much as you want and it is SUPER sticky!


I wrapped the tissue tape around the side of the canvas too, to finish the piece off and tie it in together.


Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Angela Fehr said...

Lesley, this canvas is lovely - graceful and simple! I just finished an altered canvas myself using gesso and glimmer mists and Unity stamps - it's here on my blog: http://scrapsfrommytable.blogspot.com/2010/09/lilac-love-altered-canvas.html

Janet's Joy said...

Lesley this is so you! Very pretty.

Angie Blom said...

WOW.. stunning Lesley.. I love what you did with the canvas.. amazing how that postage stamp looks.. wonderfully creative!! Love it!

Nancy Wyatt said...

Amazing!!!!!

pcrusberg said...

This is just so gorgeous! I have a few canvases that I'm stumped on how to get started. I love this as an inspiration. Thanks so much.